November is a month of transformation, change and new beginnings as Scorpio’s energy dominates during this time. We all need to embrace change if we are to move forward in our lives, grow and achieve our goals and dreams. Benjamin Disraeli said, “Change is inevitable. Change is constant.” If you remain in the same place you may feel safe, however eventually you stagnate and die.
“Change is inevitable. Change is constant.”
– Benjamin Disraeli
“If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.”
“The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.”
– Bill Clinton
Here are 8 things to release this month to help with your transformation.
Let go of:
- Trying to please people who don’t recognise your value and self-worth.
- Thinking about the past or about things that can’t be changed or fixed.
- Putting yourself down. If you don’t believe in yourself, no-one else will!!
- Negative habits and beliefs that are holding you back from true happiness and success.
- Fearing change, the unknown and the unpredictable.
- People who don’t support you in following your dreams and pursuing your passions.
- Overthinking!! Just do it!
- Perfectionism. Accept that nothing is every perfect. Successful people get started and figure out along the way!!
The Death Card
The Death Card in Tarot is all about sweeping away the old and making way for the new. It is all about change and personal transformation. In order to change we need to release the old – old habits, thought patterns, beliefs, behaviours, situations and people who no longer serve you, your needs and your desires. Life is an endless series of deaths and rebirths and change is inevitable, just as death is.
If you embrace change and accept “deaths” in your life you are able to live life more fully. Like clutter, you need to let go of the old so that you can create space for new things to enter your life. If you cling to old energy, nothing new can come into your life.
The Death card is ruled by Scorpio and the lesson is in the realisation that sometimes there is great strength in surrendering to change. When one door closes, another opens. There are many symbols of gateways in the Tarot cards, and Death is only one of them. Beyond the river the two pillars stand, with the glorious sunrise between them. If you surrender and let go of the old, you are free to move across the threshold and experience the joy of new experience, new beginnings and new hope.
Tips For Creating Change In Your Life
Change is essential if you are to move forward. If you keep doing the same things that you are current doing, how on earth can you expect a different result? Everything in the world is constantly changing whether you like it or not. If you don’t actively seek change then you will be stuck exactly where you are. The only way to bring about change is to do something different! So, what is stopping you from changing your life?
Does staying in your comfort zone make you feel safe? Are you afraid of change? Is fear holding you back? Are you worried that it won’t work out?
Our behaviour is just a series of habits. To embrace change we need to alter our patterns of behaviour and thinking by replacing existing patterns with a new set of patterns that become our new set of habits. And it all begins with the images that we programme into our subconscious.
How can you do it help you shift out of you comfort zone and start moving forward to achieving your goals and living the life you dream? Here are 5 great tips for initiating change in your life:
1. Journal about what keeps you from making changes that are necessary for you to move from where you are right now to where you want to go. Your goals will not happen without change. It is a prerequisite for evolution.
2. Plan for the event/situation. The more prepared we are, the more confident we feel and fear is less likely to take hold. See the change in a positive way, in your mind’s eye. See yourself doing things differently and hold that image in your mind.
3. Recall a time you moved towards something new or different and succeeded! Remember how good it felt. Feel the emotion that came with it.
4. Roll up your proverbial sleeves and take that first step – no matter how tiny that step is. Then another and another. Just get started!!
5. For one week, do something different that takes you out of your comfort zone and stretches you. If you are in the habit to going to work train, walk or catch a bus or tram. If you always drink coffee every day, switch to herbal tea for one week. If you are shy or introverted, make it a goal to talk to at least one stranger every day. At first is will feel uncomfortable, but notice how much easier it becomes with a bit of time.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself”
“Duir Oak” from symbolises fertility, sexuality, strength, stability, grounding, endurance, boundaries, thresholds, doors, gateways and ancient knowledge and wisdom. It aligns perfectly with the Southern Hemisphere’s Beltane season and Spring, a time for sensuality and sexuality as the maiden transforms into Mother aspect of the Goddess. It is a time to celebrate fertility, the time of conception and the beginning
of new life.
Perhaps you are embarking on a new project, business venture or career. The Duir Oak reminds you that you have the strength, stamina and endurance to pursue your goals. Stay grounded and remain focused. You may need to set some boundaries, especially with the silly season coming up, to prevent yourself from being distracted from your work. There is great strength in the Duir Oak and you have the ability to bring your ideas to fruition, achieving greatness and seeing your dreams becoming a reality.
This is the season of fertility, whether you are plan to start a family, conceive a new project or business venture. This tree implies that your will have the knowledge, resources, wisdom, guidance, information and the people required to successful achieve your desired goals. You are at the threshold of a new beginning. Door will open for you and the key is within you. Feel strong and know that you have everything that you to manifest your dreams and goals.
To find out more about creating change in your life, removing blockages or transforming your life check out my Healing + Transformation with Tarot.